26 January 2010

NO has been banished from our house

When I was younger if I would have told my parents no when asked to do something I would of been severely punished. My daughter thinks nothing of telling me No several times a day.

Please change your clothes so we can leave. Her response, a No, as plain as day never missing a beat. Clean up your mess= NO. Quit jumping and running around the house= No. Time for bed=No.

It seems no matter what I tell her she tells me No. I am at my wits end. We have tried every punishment out there and nothing seems to get through her tough head. We have emptied her room of everything except a bed and she just doesn't care.

It's like my child has become possessed by an evil creature at times.One minute she can be sweet and loving and then the next she is so angry and mean. You can see the change in her eyes.

I told her we banned the word No. She is not allowed to answer No when she is being told or asked to do something. Her response=No. UGH!

0 comments: