23 February 2012

How to tell if you are successful at parenting

Want to know if you are headed in the right direction when it comes to parenting? Just ask yourself this one simple question. Has your child ever told you they hate/despise you? If you can answer yes to that question, you can be assured you are doing something right.

When my daughter is unhappy with me or anyone else in her life, she tells us that we are despised. It really doesn't matter who it is. She told her Occupational therapist, mental health case manager, mom, dad, Physical therapist, and anyone else whom she sees fit to tell.

She even has a despise list. We have yet to figure out how to get off the list. I do recall hearing something about if you win me subs for life I might consider removing you. Chances are slim that I will win, so I guess I will remain on the list.

I really don't mind being on the list or her telling me she despises me. This means I am getting through to her and doing my job. So do any of your children have despise lists? Do they tell you they are not happy with you? Never fret, simply remember you are doing a great job.

0 comments: